Gebruikersnaam: Wachtwoord:

Auteur Topic: Where to ride in holland  (gelezen 25261 keer)

Offline member

• Kom op mensen, wordt ook
  • Donateur
Re: Where to ride in holland
« Reactie #30 Gepost op: 19-09-2012, 21:01 »
Don't forget to become a member of the Dutch Tenere Association (www.tenere.nl). They organize of few dirt rides as well throughout the year.
Off-roading in Holland is mainly sandy/muddy roads. Little hill climbs and rocks as you probably expected.

Offline member

« Reactie #31 Gepost op: 19-09-2012, 22:22 »
We had this year for the second time the DR and XT meeting in Belgium , like the Hungary Dr Big and XT clubs, there where some members from the Hungarian XT Club, indeed nice people ;)

we ride again at 11-11-12, you'r welcom to join us, there's plenty of time to chat but not when we do the driving bit :D

ow, you have to have some sort of offroad tyre under the 750!

Tell me something more about this ride on the 11-Nov, I am interested in joining you!! 

Offline member

« Reactie #32 Gepost op: 19-09-2012, 22:40 »
Well, there will be 2 to 15 man riding, as much sand as posible, around 220km if we make it and the rest like start location and time will come in a PB about a week bevore the start ;)
DR 800, KTM LC4 640 [Adventure] www.drbigclub.nl

Offline member

« Reactie #33 Gepost op: 27-05-2013, 21:44 »
OK, I know this thread has been dead for a time  but I am living in Rotterdam, have bike and kit but the only places I found to ride, other than long trips away, were building sites where dog walkers always wave a stern finger at me. Any advice or contacts of how to meet up here or anywhere within 3 hours drive to have a proper ride out would be greatly appreciated. I ride a KTM530EXC.
Also open to any training days/weekends if it comes to that, anything really where it is possible to ride for a decent distance off-road.
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death

Offline member

« Reactie #34 Gepost op: 24-10-2013, 13:20 »
local motorcycle clubs in the Netherlands organise offroad tours, for what your KTM is verry suitable. This is mostly done in compliance wiht The KNMV = Royal Dutch Motorcyclists Association.
This link shows the dates en places. keep in mind that you will have to pay the club, and most of the time a one day license for the KNMV. This will cost you about 40 to 50 euro's per day of riding.
http://www.enduro.nl/kalender.htm
To ge an idea of what these rides contain: offroad ruurlo 2012 rudy reekers

Offline member

• starter
« Reactie #35 Gepost op: 17-04-2015, 00:14 »
Hi all!

I am new to Netherlands, but i am quite an off-road enthusiast.

I live in Amstelveen and own an WR250X, and was wondering if you guys could help me with two things:

-Is there any place close where i can practice wheelies/stunts without being "on-road"?
-Is there any place close where i can do some off-road/exploring? Last time i tried, it seems like i got into a national park, and people there were not very happy about it  ::)

Thanks!

Offline member

« Reactie #36 Gepost op: 17-04-2015, 08:47 »
I know some places where you you can go crazy.1-Almere poort, there's a littly sandy terrain over there. 2 There's a sandpit in Ijmuiden (near the steal plant) 3 near Rotterdam '"Maasvlakte".   But IJmuiden is probably the best (and biggest) place where you can train without being interrupted bij "sunflower lovers". :P
DR650SE-

Offline member

• Kom op mensen, wordt ook
  • Donateur
« Reactie #37 Gepost op: 17-04-2015, 10:03 »
Hi all!

I live in Amstelveen and own an WR250X, and was wondering if you guys could help me with two things:

-Is there any place close where i can practice wheelies/stunts without being "on-road"?
-Is there any place close where i can do some off-road/exploring? Last time i tried, it seems like i got into a national park, and people there were not very happy about it  ::)

Thanks!

The sandpit in IJmuiden (aka De Kuil) is pretty much the only place in the vicinity if you crave some dirt. You can practice wheelies on abandoned parking lots in the weekends.

Offline member

• starter
« Reactie #38 Gepost op: 22-12-2015, 00:02 »
Hello Allemaal  ;D

My name is Sergio, and even though not so new any more to the Netherlands (Amsterdam), I recently got a nice XR650R, which I have been tidying up, and can't wait to ride it, once the bone-freezing cold settles...

Hi all!

-Is there any place close where i can do some off-road/exploring? Last time i tried, it seems like i got into a national park, and people there were not very happy about it

Thanks!

member or anybody else for that matter
I'd be happy to meet up and go for a ride to the Ijmuiden for practice, since this appears the only place close by. Don't hesitate to send a pm or sthg.

"sunflower lovers".

LOL this is about the best definition I have heard in a while.

Are you aware of any good off-road courses?

Thanks in advance
Sergios