Gebruikersnaam: Wachtwoord:

Auteur Topic: Where to ride in holland  (gelezen 25264 keer)

Offline member

• KTM 450 EXC
Re: Where to ride in holland
« Reactie #15 Gepost op: 16-12-2010, 16:46 »
There are a lot of 690 owners here on this forum..

Maybe one of them would also like to try a F800..
You rent a F800 and you go riding together and switch bikes a couple of times?

Just a thought...

Perfect idea! Who owns 690 and would like to ride f800gs? :D

Offline member

« Reactie #16 Gepost op: 19-12-2010, 21:49 »
If you want the best of both worlds....

... consider a XT660Z Tenere.

It settles in between the F800GS and the KTM690...

... and don't worry if your skills aren't sufficient to handle it ...

... it is build to last and build to crash... (i should know...)

About the area's to ride 'off-road' ... like said Zwolle is a good starting point. I'm not far from Zwolle (near Deventer) and have no complains about what track to choose ;)

HJ
uit het stof zijt gij gekomen, en tot het stof zult gij wederkeren!

Offline member

• KTM 450 EXC
« Reactie #17 Gepost op: 21-12-2010, 09:17 »
Hi,

Well I think Tenere has too less power - weight ratio for me. But I will also take a look on it.

So maybe when I will buy the moto you can show me the area. ;)

Offline member

« Reactie #18 Gepost op: 21-12-2010, 18:24 »
Sure... I've collected a few hundred track snippets the last two years that can easily be linked to a nice route like the Sallands Sand Challenge we did last year: http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list_message/14313110#14313110 (dump that link in translate.google.nl to read it in some sort of english)

Power to weight... well depends ... how fast you wanna go? Unless you want to ride with a pillion, I think it's sufficient. The BMW 85HP is too much for off-road (but nice on-road), the KTM needs to revved up above 5000rpm to deliver the punch and certainly not smooth at low revs. The Ten's engine is (for a big single) very smooth and easy on the throttle, though a different set of cans and filter will give it more 'spirit'.

No trouble to keep up with a KTM either:

And when I say 'build to crash' I mean this:

which is something I, being rather new to this kind of motor riding and lacking some skills, value a lot. Wouldn't want to do that to a precious BMW (50% more expensive). On the other hand: a KTM would be easier to pull out of a ditch  ;D but not a bike to make that trip to Norway or the Alps ... (other then on a trailer).

HJ

Offline member

• KTM 450 EXC
« Reactie #19 Gepost op: 13-03-2011, 19:29 »
Question, I saw that places you mentioned and other are officially forbidden to drive motorbike. How do you cope with that? Should I just ignore it or ride only on certain time? There are really nice forests around here but I'm afraid people will lynch me when met.

Offline member

« Reactie #20 Gepost op: 14-03-2011, 20:58 »
Forbidden? All the bright green tracks in the pic above are legal public roads. All the dark green tracks ... I have to check out yet. All the red ones are forbidden. All the yellow ones are restricted to local traffic, elderly or disabled people only, exploitation only, etc. These are all unpaved roads and only a few single tracks.

Going actually off-road, through a forest, moor, heathland a.s.o. is forbidden. So real off-road riding is limited to organised events and some deserted building areas, sand pit here and there.

HJ

Offline member

« Reactie #21 Gepost op: 15-09-2012, 12:43 »
Hello All,

I just registered to the forum,because of the English section.
I am looking for advice where to ride (legally) offroad in the Netherlands. I live close to Amsterdam, but a few hours riding before I reach the place is not a problem :)

Thanks in advance!
Gabor

Offline member

• met Ie Ee
« Reactie #22 Gepost op: 15-09-2012, 12:48 »
Hi Gabor,

Go east or south to find some paths that are legal offroad. What bike do you ride? We also have some off the road rides in late fall and winter that can be great fun but tough on a heavier bike...
There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can stay on topic, and I like frosties!

Cloggie bloggie op www.eatdirt.nl/blog

Offline member

« Reactie #23 Gepost op: 15-09-2012, 12:50 »
Depends on what you want to do:

- train with a leightweight enduro (bridge Vianen or kuil IJmuiden) or
- just explore with an allroad, long distance (Noord-Brabant)

Will you be driving alone, so without any support / friends?

How many years of off-road experience do you have?

Offline member

« Reactie #24 Gepost op: 15-09-2012, 12:59 »
Hi Gabor,

Go east or south to find some paths that are legal offroad. What bike do you ride? We also have some off the road rides in late fall and winter that can be great fun but tough on a heavier bike...

Wow, I did not expect such fast replies! :)

So... I have a Tenere 750, and a few years of riding experience.
I don't mind the weight of the bike, I used to have a DR800, and taht is also a heavy one, but I loved it.

The late fall and winter rides sounds fun!

Post Merge: 15-09-2012, 13:02
Depends on what you want to do:

- train with a leightweight enduro (bridge Vianen or kuil IJmuiden) or
- just explore with an allroad, long distance (Noord-Brabant)

Will you be driving alone, so without any support / friends?

How many years of off-road experience do you have?

Currently I have to ride alone, sinceI only heere for about a year I moved here because of my job.
But I would like to ride in a group, specially in teh beginning, so I can get to know the routes.

I am open to every kind of enduro rides. :D

Offline member

« Reactie #25 Gepost op: 15-09-2012, 23:01 »

I don't mind the weight of the bike, I used to have a DR800, and taht is also a heavy one, but I loved it.

I love the DR800 to! got a KTM640 also and you can come along when i have a ride for the DR Big club Holland!
let you now whem we have a ride ;)

Currently I have to ride alone, sinceI only heere for about a year I moved here because of my job.
But I would like to ride in a group, specially in teh beginning, so I can get to know the routes.

Post Merge: 15-09-2012, 23:04

Ey, love the DR 800 to! got one and a KTM 640, i will let you now when i have a DR Big ride with the DR Big Club Holland, we love to go offroad ;)
DR 800, KTM LC4 640 [Adventure] www.drbigclub.nl

Offline member

« Reactie #26 Gepost op: 16-09-2012, 18:22 »
Hi Zappa,

Yeah, great bikes.., I was/am also a member of the DR Big club, but in Hungary. Very freindly people.
Sounds like a plan, let me know if you are going somewhere with the club, for a ride.
I also want to learn Dutch, I took a basic course, but I have to TALK: :D
It would be a good place to practice.

Offline member

« Reactie #27 Gepost op: 19-09-2012, 17:40 »
Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me what is the event on the 22 September in the calendar? I really want to go somewhere this weekend as well, and I am looking for options.

Many thanks!
G.

Offline member

« Reactie #28 Gepost op: 19-09-2012, 18:10 »
It's a roadbook ride in the southern part of holland; Brabant. 40 - 50 % unpaved road and some single tracks. Check out www.offroadtrips.nl (use translate.google.nl) to have it some sort of english.  You can also hire a Tripy (GPS electronic roadbook)

Nice ride, challenging for the less experienced or heavy bike riders, fun for the more experienced or enduro bike riders.

HJ

Offline member

« Reactie #29 Gepost op: 19-09-2012, 20:00 »
Hi Zappa,

Yeah, great bikes.., I was/am also a member of the DR Big club, but in Hungary. Very freindly people.
Sounds like a plan, let me know if you are going somewhere with the club, for a ride.
I also want to learn Dutch, I took a basic course, but I have to TALK: :D
It would be a good place to practice.

We had this year for the second time the DR and XT meeting in Belgium , like the Hungary Dr Big and XT clubs, there where some members from the Hungarian XT Club, indeed nice people ;)

we ride again at 11-11-12, you'r welcom to join us, there's plenty of time to chat but not when we do the driving bit :D

ow, you have to have some sort of offroad tyre under the 750!

DR 800, KTM LC4 640 [Adventure] www.drbigclub.nl