Gebruikersnaam: Wachtwoord:

Auteur Topic: Off-road practices with a non-NL licensed plate KTM EXC?  (gelezen 1438 keer)

Offline member

• starter
Hi all:

Thanks for this interesting website, I read a lot of good stuff using the Google translator, I can´t read Dutch.

I'm sure that you can give me good advise.

I own a KTM EXC 300 street-legal with Spanish license plate.

I saw some places for offroad practice and even some Enduro races at enduro.nl's calendar.

My questions are:

Is it possible to use a Spanish bike for training/practices and racing or it's required to have NL license plate?.

I will be based close to Utrech and my idea is to go to the right places with the motorcycle in a van. Which are the closer/best places/clubs/buddies for some practice?.

I use to do some forest trails, trials and slopes/hills riding at Spain. I know it will be very different but I moved there because of my work, so happy to bite a little of Dutch mud!.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

ETK34

Offline member

Re: Off-road practices with a non-NL licensed plate KTM EXC?
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 17-04-2021, 22:57 »
welcome ETK,

due to the present Covid situation all enduro and offroad rides are cancelled but as soon as it's possible they will start up again, check www.enduro.nl were you can check the kalender (agenda of all rides)
I dont think you need a dutch licenceplate yet your bike needs to be insured and to participate inthose enduro- and offroadrides your'll need to have a knmv-licence, also available as a day-licence at the startlocation of every event.
Furthermore there are several other possibilities like our own rides: MS1000, Brabo, Springride check https://allroadmaniacs.nl/forum/index.php?board=3.0
and offcourse some other private initiatives like: http://www.offroadtrips.nl or https://www.facebook.com/groups/186469185897807
Big....is history ..... 640 ook, 690EnduroR ook, nu een Yamaha T7 en een CRF450 2006 en een CRF 450 Rally 2007

Offline member

• hell yeah!
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 17-04-2021, 23:02 »
thing is....
but tell it also to all the polish, romanian, tsjech,  Bulgarian... etc...

if you live in Holland, have a dutch residency and have a car/ motorbike...
you have to pay road tax...

but you probebly have a recidency in Barcelona..

una cálida bienvenida a los Países Bajos...

🥳🥳🥳🥳
....espangol es dificil... entonces Lo intento algo....

Offline member

« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 18-04-2021, 01:36 »
Motocross tracks are open, even during pandemic.
It's not like offroad riding, but it is off road - and probably better than nothing.

Utrecht has one, Gouda, Lelystad, Geldermalsen and Neerrijnen are also within ~30 minutes from Utrecht.
Because of Covid the capacity of the tracks is less, you have to reserve a spot and some clubs/tracks only allow members.

Please let me know if you are interested and need help or advice.

Offline member

• starter
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 19-04-2021, 19:55 »

Thanks!
I checked the private initiatives and they look great!. I need a little bit of time and maybe some guidance to understand the other options.
But private ones are good to start to understand how everything goes.
It's clear that there are some options for some off-road options.
Now The main decision is to take the motorcycle with me to the NL or sell it at my home country and look for another one there to simplify transport and paperwork.

I'll focus on this.

Thanks again,

ETK34

welcome ETK,

due to the present Covid situation all enduro and offroad rides are cancelled but as soon as it's possible they will start up again, check www.enduro.nl were you can check the kalender (agenda of all rides)
I dont think you need a dutch licenceplate yet your bike needs to be insured and to participate inthose enduro- and offroadrides your'll need to have a knmv-licence, also available as a day-licence at the startlocation of every event.
Furthermore there are several other possibilities like our own rides: MS1000, Brabo, Springride check https://allroadmaniacs.nl/forum/index.php?board=3.0
and offcourse some other private initiatives like: http://www.offroadtrips.nl or https://www.facebook.com/groups/186469185897807

Post Merge: 19-04-2021, 20:06

Thanks!
I learned the basics to manage an enduro bike coming from many years at the tarmac tracks. I'm actually too old now to get off-the-ground in a jump more than a second :)
One pro-guy passing me over my head in an mx-track-double really helped me to confirm the sentence above.

I did enter a couple of times into an mx track and found it a fantastic place to practice corners and body position but jumping is too much for me, I'm closer to XC than MX.

But I don't discard to have some entry-level mx training, I really enjoy see people racing mx and I know that is soo fun!.

So, I'll check for courses on any NL mx location, thanks for your help!

ETK34

Motocross tracks are open, even during pandemic.
It's not like offroad riding, but it is off road - and probably better than nothing.

Utrecht has one, Gouda, Lelystad, Geldermalsen and Neerrijnen are also within ~30 minutes from Utrecht.
Because of Covid the capacity of the tracks is less, you have to reserve a spot and some clubs/tracks only allow members.

Please let me know if you are interested and need help or advice.

Post Merge: 19-04-2021, 20:30

Hi patrick2wd!
Yes, I think I know what you mean, the BMP Tax.
My plan is to have the Aanvraag vergunning vrijstelling BPM bij verhuizing for one car, but, if the RDW inspection-part of the process- is similar to the one in my home country for an enduro bike (tyres, flash lights, mirrors, license plate light and so) it would be a real nightmare for me to go through for the KTM EXC. The bike has not any element that you could damage or break against a rock or in a fall inside a forest. So, plenty of potential failure points in a RDW inspection-if they require all those elements working properly.

That's why, if is enough to have an EU plate (Spanish) and european insurance for a enduro/off-road/xc practice/competition in a closed place (not for open-road) that's a simple solution.

I suppose that doing some off-road by your own has not only the license/taxes/insurance issues, all around the world is complicated to use a enduro bike out there, with more limited rules in Europe than elsewhere, isn't it?.

Regarding the world "cálida" (warm) in your welcome, thanks, I will need it for sure hahahahaha

Cheers,

ETK34

thing is....
but tell it also to all the polish, romanian, tsjech,  Bulgarian... etc...

if you live in Holland, have a dutch residency and have a car/ motorbike...
you have to pay road tax...

but you probebly have a recidency in Barcelona..

una cálida bienvenida a los Países Bajos...

🥳🥳🥳🥳

Offline member

• starter
« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 29-04-2021, 13:26 »
Hi, finally I decided to sell the bike in Spain and look for another one there in the NL after checking places/activities/etc.

Could you please share how much are the taxes and insurance costs for a KTM EXC (for example a 150, 250, 300 2-stroke) there in NL?. 

Good excuse to move to the TPI ones  :P

Cheers,

ETK34

Offline member

« Reactie #6 Gepost op: 29-04-2021, 14:55 »
Verzekering WA ergens tussen €35/55 per jaar.
Belasting €10 per maand voor elke motor.

Offline member

« Reactie #7 Gepost op: 29-04-2021, 15:15 »
Insurance is according to what your status is with the insurance company. It wont brake the bank most of the time.
Tax is €10 per month for every motorcycle.

Good choice getting a dutch bike. If you registered in Utrecht you can not drive a Spanish plate in the Netherlands. Not only for the Belastingdienst but also for the Wegenverkeerswet. The exemption for taxes is applicable for one vehicle like you said and it has to meet the standards for road safety in the Netherlands by the RDW. If everything checks out like your ECX would have as it was posted in the catalogue it's not a problem and a matter of minutes they approved it. But getting a dutch bike is a whole less hassle.
Husky FE350. BMW 1200 GS

Offline member

« Reactie #8 Gepost op: 29-04-2021, 15:45 »
Not sure it is less hassle, if you have to sell a bike and buy another one.
If your paperwork is ok (and the numbers match), importing the bike is not difficult, regardless of it's state. It will cost you around 300 Euros plus half a day, depending on the age of the bike.

But I don't want to take away your opportunity to upgrade to a TPI :-)