Wijs op Reis > Reizen en -verhalen

Marokko, Senegal, Mali verslagje

(1/4) > >>

Neo:
Een vriend van mij is nu onderweg en af en toe krijg ik een verslagje ,ik zal als hij wat stuurt dit hier plaatsen.

I've riden from Casablanca to Marrakesk and over the Tiai-n-Test pass to Taroudannt. The Tizi-n-Test pass was awfull. On the downside of the pass I was hit by very strong winds and cold temperatures.

Some Casablanca shots

The King Hassan II mosqee

Local transport

The Tizi-n-test pass

Then a came by a nice hotel in the middle of nowhere, a oasis.

The next day I rode from Taroudannt to Igherm and then to Tafraoute. Beautifull.

Then I was busted, the whole day was cold and veryu strong side winds. So near Gulmime I got to the famous Fort Bou Jerif camping. What a mistake. I had to ride 18 km off-road to get there. The dinner was nice.

The road to FBJ:

The next day on the road to Laayoune

Sorry not sharp, but still funny:

Due to the strong winds (again), rain and sable on the road

I couldn't make it to Laayoune and stopped at the Le Beduin camping 35 km north of Laayoune and stayed the night in a Beduin tent:

I hope to make it today to Dakhla.

And no, there are no more convoys from Dakhla to Hoadhibou.

Neo:
Net ontvangen woensdag 20 april:

The bike is handeling fine, thank you for the concern. I now mounted the Michelin Desert rear that I had on the back and burried the Pirelli Scorpion A/T somewhere in the desert (marked with GPS), so if I need it on the way back then I can dig it up again. Without the weight in the back the bike handles much better, I even jumped with the whole lot.

The problems so far:
- Two days in the trip I found out that the rear tyre had worn a piece of the sidewall of the Michelin Desert, that I had mounted on the back, away. This was bad. I mounted it differently and had it , sort of, repaired in Nouadhibou. I mounted the and it works fine.
- At the border of Mauratenia the electric starter is behaving badly. I can't solve that. I now have to start it with the decomp lever pulled in, then releasing the decomp while the motor is turning and hope that it fires.
- After some 30 kilometers into the 525 km (no fuel along this way) trip from Noadhibou to Noakcott the motor started to run idle at 4000 revs. That made it difficult to ride in the deep sand passages. But worse, I found out, it started to consume much more fuel after I went on reserve after a mered 300 km. I had to put the 10 liters of spare fuel in at 350 km, and still 175 to go. Instead of 120 i started to run 100 km/h. I really just made it.
Yesterday I removed to carburateur and found out that somehow the choke cable had worked itself out of the rubber seal and thus the bike was running very rich al the time. Solved now.

I rode now 3400 km.

I'm in Noakcott, capital of Mauratenia, now.

Along the way and today it is very hot.

The ride from Nouadhibou to Noakchott was fine, some 375 km of brand new tarmac and some 150 off piste/off-road. This piste is a mix of hard ripple gravel, hard mud, sand and very soft sand. The ripple thing is a killer. Everything vibrates like grazy, due to the fuel problems I couldn't keep it at a more confortables 100/110 km/h, but had to slow down to 70/80. Even my head shoke like it was going to hurt. Fun.
Everything still works however, even the Canon EOS 3 I have in the trunk still works.

Ferd:
Dat zijn wel weer hele mooie verhalen en foto's!! Dank voor deze bijdrage en graag nog meer ::)

erwindob:
Ik heb em herkend  ;D

Leuk om te lezen / kijken trouwens.

Neo:
A, ha, photo's again. It took over an hour to upload 12 photo's.

The Michelin Desert damage. Fixed with a patch inside

The carb is out, oops!

Donkeys on the road

Desert

Travellers dust

500 meter (0.3 mile) inside Mauretania and I got stuck

Sorry, the money is gone, no more tarmac from here (lucky for me this was for me the beginning and end of 100 km off piste)

This is Emual from Switserland on his bicycle already on the road for 2 year he is now on his way back to home. I made him some coffee.

Habour of Houadhibou

The capital of a big country and one of the main streets: Noakchott

Businesslife in the city

Navigatie

[0] Berichtenindex

[#] Volgende pagina

Naar de volledige versie