Gebruikersnaam: Wachtwoord:

Auteur Topic: Hellooo  (gelezen 7928 keer)

Offline member

Hellooo
« Gepost op: 11-01-2016, 19:48 »
 Hello allemaal!
After some google research I’ve arrived to your forum and hopefully I’ll find some answers here :) But first let me introduce a bit myself:
I’ve arrived to the Netherlands one year ago, I come from Spain (Barcelona) where I’ve always been surrounded by (motor)bikes
I used to do trial and some enduro before, but then I moved to Sweden and a year ago I've arrived to Amsterdam, so it’s been a while that I haven’t ride anything other than an “oma fiets” so I really want to go back on a bike and ride, but it’s kind of hard when you are new in a place and you don’t know anything here, and none who loves that sport as much as I do. So let me go straight to the point.
My idea is to buy a something like a KTM 690 or BMW or Honda… Still haven’t decided. So I can ride off road, but also that I can go anywhere I want if I need to and aswell that I don’t have to spend lots of money on maintenance. So given that context the following questions arise:

1 - Where can I go near Amsterdam to ride on some dirt? (No circuits or competitive stuff, just to spend a day and have fun)
2 - Is there anyplace where I can practice before actually going on a route? (Like some sort of track or something)
3 - Which bike would you recommend, and where I could buy it? :) I was thinking about 2nd bikes to start with.
4 - Do you guys organize routes within The Netherlands so I could join and you could actually show me some nice paths?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post! I know there are similar posts already about it but ye, I thought it would be easier to write my own :p

Cheers!

Offline member

• Yamaha TT600E Belgarda + GG TXT PRO GP250
  • Modje
Re: Hellooo
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 11-01-2016, 20:13 »
1. Too bad, you live in on of the croudier places in the Netherlands. To the east and south there are many dirt roads available to ride on, your place not a lot.
2. There are MX tracks, but also not alot in your neighborhood. Also there is a place e.g. in Ijmuiden which is called ''de kuil'' which can be translated to something like hole or ditch, kinda explains what it is. It is not necessarily legal, but it is tolerated.
3. You can look at www.marktplaats.nl e.g. or here in the ''rommelmarkt'' section of the forum. or go to some dealer
4. Yes we do, there are a couple of events (more days) and also rides organised.

Welcome!
ARM facebook HIER

Offline member

« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 11-01-2016, 22:31 »
Welcome bacon guy,

de kuil is here

Quite near to de kuil is KTM Dealer Verpalen http://www.ktmracing.nl

we do organise rides trough the year, allways nice folks, riding a bit, drinking some, having a bite etc. just keep an eye on this topic: http://allroadmaniacs.nl/forum/index.php?board=3.0

greets,
Martijn

Big....is history ..... 640 ook, 690EnduroR ook, nu een Yamaha T7 en een CRF450 2006 en een CRF 450 Rally 2007

Offline member

« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 12-01-2016, 14:45 »

Thanks guys! The kuil looks nice to get used to the bike and have some fun.

1. Too bad, you live in on of the croudier places in the Netherlands. To the east and south there are many dirt roads available to ride on, your place not a lot.

How far are those dirt roads from Amsterdam? I would not mind doing some highway kms before reaching the paths.

Offline member

• hell yeah!
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 12-01-2016, 14:53 »
Thanks guys! The kuil looks nice to get used to the bike and have some fun.

How far are those dirt roads from Amsterdam? I would not mind doing some highway kms before reaching the paths.

about 20 kms..
follow zaandam, beverwijk, then tatasteel (hoogovens) then sluizen / IJmuiden
can's miss it..
....espangol es dificil... entonces Lo intento algo....

Offline member

« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 12-01-2016, 16:23 »
about 20 kms..
can's miss it..

I didn't mean the kuil, but the roads in the south/east that crazybond mentioned.

Offline member

« Reactie #6 Gepost op: 12-01-2016, 16:37 »
Hi,

In general, the best places are in the south end east of the Netherlands. If you look at the map: all around Breda - Tilburg - Eindhoven up to the Belgian and German border is ok.
If you are not well known there it might be difficult to find the right track and you must at least know a bit what is legal, what is certainly not and what is the grey area in between.

We have some more or less organized events, but to start with this might be the right one for you: http://allroadmaniacs.nl/forum/index.php?topic=20789.0

It is in the neighbourhood of Eindhoven, so 1,5 hours away from you, but you will have a pretty good idea of what this part of Holland offers off road.

Offline member

« Reactie #7 Gepost op: 12-01-2016, 16:42 »
Bienvenido

Ven al sur.
En Schijndel hay club de trial, sabado 10.00hr y domingo 13.00hr.
En mi pueblo cerca de Schijndel es muy mas campo para off road sin o con guia.
Cada año al sur tambien esta, dos dias de excursion "Brabo 300" en el campo, y tres noches campamento y fiesta. Brabo 300 un evento privado no commercial, paseo naturleza, ruta de Garmin track.

No, no montaña 8)

Enviar p.m. para conversación personalmente.

Hasta Pronto
Jos
Eindh. Tilb. dBosch, Pireneos, Cantabria, Albarracin, Boade Senez.

Offline member

• hell yeah!
« Reactie #8 Gepost op: 12-01-2016, 17:41 »
Citaat
Citaat van: patrick2wd op Vandaag om 14:53<blockquote>about 20 kms..
can's miss it..
</blockquote>

I didn't mean the kuil, but the roads in the south/east that crazybond mentioned.
in mea culpa..

::)
....espangol es dificil... entonces Lo intento algo....

Offline member

• Kom op mensen, wordt ook
  • Donateur
« Reactie #9 Gepost op: 12-01-2016, 20:46 »
Bienvenido

Ven al sur.
En Schijndel hay club de trial, sabado 10.00hr y domingo 13.00hr.
En mi pueblo cerca de Schijndel es muy mas campo para off road sin o con guia.
Cada año al sur tambien esta, dos dias de excursion "Brabo 300" en el campo, y tres noches campamento y fiesta. Brabo 300 un evento privado no commercial, paseo naturleza, ruta de Garmin track.

No, no montaña 8)

Enviar p.m. para conversación personalmente.

Hasta Pronto
Jos
Praat jij nou Spaans tegen een Catalaan? :o ;)

Post Merge: 12-01-2016, 20:50

100+ km
quite a distance, depending on your bike. If you're looking for a one bike fits all solution, the KTM 690 is a good option.

Offline member

« Reactie #10 Gepost op: 12-01-2016, 21:04 »
Ik heb eerst Fries geprobeerd maar dat wilde niet lukken......
Kun je geen trial mee doen met 'n 690.....
Heb er 'n paar weken op 'n finca gezetten, in Cataluña, zoals wij hier in Brabant A.B.N. praten als en vreemden of gasten zijn doen zij dat daar ook, pas als het erg informeel wordt en of er geen gasten zijn heb je kans dat ze Catalan babbelen.

Offline member

« Reactie #11 Gepost op: 13-01-2016, 16:39 »
Hi,

In general, the best places are in the south end east of the Netherlands. If you look at the map: all around Breda - Tilburg - Eindhoven up to the Belgian and German border is ok.
If you are not well known there it might be difficult to find the right track and you must at least know a bit what is legal, what is certainly not and what is the grey area in between.

We have some more or less organized events, but to start with this might be the right one for you: http://allroadmaniacs.nl/forum/index.php?topic=20789.0

It is in the neighbourhood of Eindhoven, so 1,5 hours away from you, but you will have a pretty good idea of what this part of Holland offers off road.

Yes indeed that was my biggest worry, knowing where to go and where not to. But 1,5h is doable (with the right bike ) so I'll try to join the road trips!

Citaat

[size=0px]Bienvenido[/size][/color]

[size=0px]Ven al sur.[/size][/color]
[size=0px]En Schijndel hay club de trial, sabado 10.00hr y domingo 13.00hr.[/size][/color]
[size=0px]En mi pueblo cerca de Schijndel es muy mas campo para off road sin o con guia.[/size][/color]
[size=0px]Cada año al sur tambien esta, dos dias de excursion "Brabo 300" en el campo, y tres noches campamento y fiesta. Brabo 300 un evento privado no commercial, paseo naturleza, ruta de Garmin track.[/size][/color]

[size=0px]No, no montaña 8) [/size][/color]

[size=0px]Enviar p.m. para conversación personalmente.[/size][/color]

[size=0px]Hasta Pronto[/size][/color]
[size=0px]Jos[/size][/color]

Gracias! Te escribo por privado :) Aunque en principio trial no es mi idea hacer ya que no hay sitios en Amsterdam para ello.

Citaat

in mea culpa..
 ::)

;D

Citaat
Praat jij nou Spaans tegen een Catalaan? :o ;)

Geen probleem Ik spreek allebei :) en ik been niet en catalaanse radical haha
And yes I'm looking for something that fits all and indeed the KTM is one of my favourites for now :)

Offline member

« Reactie #12 Gepost op: 13-01-2016, 17:49 »
Nunspeet es perfecto por ti, cross y trail. Es un club marvillosa. Sabado si. No, no domingo en Nunspeet.
En el club sitio, por mujer, mucho mas caminar en naturleza.

http://mcnunspeet.nl/

Offline member

« Reactie #13 Gepost op: 13-01-2016, 19:59 »
SRTTRXXXBETA

Offline member

« Reactie #14 Gepost op: 13-01-2016, 22:28 »
Nice one. Already prepared for a nice built-off with the rest of the Rally Raid kit: http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/KTM-690-Enduro-R-SMC/ktm-690-enduro-rally-fairing-kit

Did mine too:

No problem to do highway stuff for a few hours, do some dirt riding and go back home.

I'm living 1h15m east from Amsterdam, down the A1 highway. Enough dirtroads in this area to have a nice day out. I'll show you around when you've got your bike.

HJ
uit het stof zijt gij gekomen, en tot het stof zult gij wederkeren!