Gebruikersnaam: Wachtwoord:

Auteur Topic: Trans Euro Trail  (gelezen 5482 keer)

Offline member

Trans Euro Trail
« Gepost op: 19-08-2016, 13:03 »
A few of you may have heard about our work on creating an off road (or as much as possible) route from North cape in Norway to tarifa in Spain with one loop through Eastern Europe and the other through NL and the UK. Loz, Timpo,Wimj, Ad, Roos etc are in on the plan.

It would be great to have involvement from more Allroadmaniacs with contributions and reconnaissance -  http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/trans-europe-trail-ideas.687130/

let me know if you want to know more..............................

John

Offline member

• met Ie Ee
Re: Trans Euro Trail
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 19-08-2016, 13:43 »
What parts are you missing?
There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can stay on topic, and I like frosties!

Cloggie bloggie op www.eatdirt.nl/blog

Offline member

« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 19-08-2016, 13:53 »
We have a route through NL - based on an old midsummer 1000 - but a link to Amsterdam woiuld be great - appreciate that allroad tracks get very limted in the west of the country though.
In France we have a route from calais/dieppe to perpignan and the Pyrenees but it's a bit boring in the north and I was thinking of trying to create something down the eastern side of France ideally to the Jura and alps before looping west back towards Perpignan. I know the Alps can be tricky. I remeber a chap near Liege who used to advertise under road.be had a multiday route from the Ardennes to Geneva but can't find any evidence he's still going.
Finland and the baltics are sussed though there is a gap from there to Greece. balkans is getting sorted as is Italy. An Italy - Perignan rouet, as mentioned abovem, would be graet. Spain and portugal sorted. UK sorted belgium - I've an old route - bit of Ad's and a bit from others. Any update on legalities would be graet as I gather the belgiques are getting a bit ecowarrior

Offline member

• met Ie Ee
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 19-08-2016, 14:04 »
Plenty of routes through Belgium about, will collect a few good options and share.
There are two kinds of people in this world, those that can stay on topic, and I like frosties!

Cloggie bloggie op www.eatdirt.nl/blog

Offline member

« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 19-08-2016, 14:07 »
Fab! Drop me your e-mail address and I'll "invite" you onto the Facebook group to access where we are and routes we have

Offline member

« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 20-08-2016, 11:12 »
Good idee i think many people have this idea in their  heads driving back from their holidays. I do everytime i see the paralell dirt roads at the french highway.... :-*

Is your final result gona be a open source idea or more commercial? Didn't read all pages on adv rider yet sorry.

Don't know if can help most track's i have roadbook trips from ad's which you obviously allready have. ( and  i would'nt share offcourse)

Great idea .

Greetz Frank

Offline member

« Reactie #6 Gepost op: 20-08-2016, 12:00 »
Hi, maybe connect from France and the Netherlands is easier. Then you should approche the solution from the available / accessible trail whithin Belgium to France/Netherlands

There are tracks in Limburg and Brabant :-X

Loek.

Offline member

« Reactie #7 Gepost op: 21-08-2016, 17:29 »
Hi Frenkie,

The plan is to make it Opensource - although that obviously carries risks. We'll wait until we've had a chance to check it all out first. maintaining currency of legal routes is a critical issue - and trying to avoid crazies using it as a race track.

No plans to charge for it  - perhaps a thought will to be ask for donations to a charity.

John

Post Merge: 21-08-2016, 17:31
Hi, maybe connect from France and the Netherlands is easier. Then you should approche the solution from the available / accessible trail whithin Belgium to France/Netherlands

There are tracks in Limburg and Brabant :-X

Loek.
Save
[/size][/color]Save[/size][/b]

Thanks to Dutchie for some traces for Belgium!

Offline member

« Reactie #8 Gepost op: 17-06-2017, 15:49 »
Well, progress is being made: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213165416827108&set=gm.819367884885024&type=3&theater

34,00km give or take a few hundred ;-)

Offline member

• 640 Adventure '97 (E) Samurai '91 (E) 1090 Adv '19 (NL)
« Reactie #9 Gepost op: 17-06-2017, 18:43 »
Awesome  :o   8)   8)
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner - Mark Twain

Offline member

« Reactie #10 Gepost op: 18-06-2017, 10:55 »
Cool. Time for a sabatical.
Bye the way. Nice that you've made the TET in the shape of the Netherlands  ::)