Gebruikersnaam: Wachtwoord:

Auteur Topic: magura clutch problem  (gelezen 2407 keer)

Offline member

• KTM 450 EXC
magura clutch problem
« Gepost op: 15-10-2011, 21:40 »
Hello,

I have a problem with my magura clutch. I was bleeding the system today but also unscrewed slave cylinder and all parts accidentally felt apart - spring, metal "cylinder", snap ring. I assembled it as good as I could, but ... clutch is not working. When I pull it and put on 1st gear clutch stays

Do you have pictures / movie or anything that could help me properly assemble slave cylinder?

I'm so angry on myself, I was preparing a bike for tomorrow off road ride and now I'm in a big trouble :(

my bike is ktm 450 exc 2007

UPDATE: No luck, tried many options. Systems just seems to be working fine, I can hear this characteristic click when pulling clutch lever, but when on a gear wheels are blocked. So no Lichtenwoorde for me tomorrow/today :(

Offline member

Re: magura clutch problem
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 16-10-2011, 21:32 »
On a cold bike the clutch plates could just be stuck to each other. Testing your clutch action by trying to turn the wheel without a running engine is not proof malfunction.

Maybe you can try it on a stand with running engine and use the rear brake to try and stop the wheel when in gear. (don't drop it  :o )

Offline member

« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 16-10-2011, 22:03 »
Lost your ball?
450EXC, KLX250S EFI

Offline member

• KTM 450 EXC
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 17-10-2011, 23:24 »
@Gassen, you mean the ball attached to the piston? It was there.

@erwindob, quickly checked the bike more carefully, using more strength while pushing and wheels moved with clutch pulled, although i had to use quite of strength. And there was a difference in behave with clutch pulled and not. OMG would that really be cold gearbox? Will test it on wednesday with running engine!

UPDATE: so, I just quickly checked on a warm engine and ..... it works! really looks like they sticked together. Erwindob, thanks for suggestion. And I should have listened to my wife saying Saturday night- "Take your bike to Lichtenvoorde, ask ppl around and someone will help you for sure"  :o