Gebruikersnaam: Wachtwoord:

Auteur Topic: tires, where to buy, welding shop around Delft  (gelezen 900 keer)

Offline member

• starter
tires, where to buy, welding shop around Delft
« Gepost op: 01-06-2012, 23:27 »
Just found this website, very interesting to find like minded people in Holland. I will be coming back to Nederland to pick up my F650 Dakar for another trip thru Europe. I need to get some new tires. The last ones I used were Mefo explorer 90/90/21 and 130/80/17. They lasted a trip to Uzbekistan and another trip to Armenia, so I have been happy with them. Where do you buy your tires  in the Rotterdam - Amsterdam area at good prices, preferably Mefos or Heidenaus again.
I will also need a welding shop to weld up a hole in my exhaust and some aluminum pieces that cracked. Anybdoy know a show around Delft that can help with a small job like that?
Excuse my English, you can answer in Dutch. I can read it just fine, my Dutch writing has gotten really bad over the years
Thanks Karst
Elizabeth, CO, USA

Offline member

Re: tires, where to buy, welding shop around Delft
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 02-06-2012, 08:57 »
The best metal magician in that area is HotRod Welding / Erik Bok, located in Zwaanshoek. Ask Walter Colebatch for example :)
He might be able to help you with the tires also, but I suggest that you contact him and discuss the options. I think he is still on holiday at the moment, so an answer might take a couple of days.

Offline member

« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 02-06-2012, 09:06 »
Voor mijn werk brengen we hier wel eens wat heen  http://www.laska-speciaallasbedrijf.nl/
 Is in Rotterdam dus dicht bij delft

Voor banden kan je bij veel bedrijven wel wat vinden

Offline member

• KTM 690 ER '14
  • Administrator
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 02-06-2012, 12:25 »
We also have a forum member who will weld aluminium for a small price. You can send him a pm. He lives a bit above Amsterdam. You can also try our partner Rally Adventure Shop for the Mefo tires, maybe you can arrange that they will send the tires to Sanne....

Offline member

• starter
« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 03-06-2012, 18:20 »
Thanks for all your responses. I had send earlier an email to Alexander at adventure workshop but never received an answer. I had bought tires from him before two years ago. At that time he had send tires for me to Turkey. I send him another email yesterday and I did get an answer this time, immediately. They had a computer problem ands lost emails, that is why I did not get an answer on my first inquiry. With his reponse I am all set for tires.
When back in Holland I will go by the weldingshops mentioned and see who can help me.
Thanks again,
KP