AllRoad-Forum > The English part

ktm 690 e vs 990 adv

<< < (2/6) > >>

KTM-FAN:

--- Citaat ---Did anyone tried 2up with 690 on short trips? Let's say around town or 50km just for fun.
--- Einde van citaat ---

I tried the 690 for a 3000 km trip on the road to England. No problems, also not with my 2 meters of length. The seat sucks, but the seat from the 990 also sucks ;D ;D ..... I also owned the 990.

The 690 is far better allround, the 990 has its limits in hard terrain.

rdo:
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. So you say 690 is more fun?

KTM-FAN did you do that trip to england with passanger? How much is the reasonable lenght you would do on pavement in one day?

Hard decision, I can have only 1 bike and don't have a car so it must be real all-rounder - for 1hour fun ride after work, weekend overnight trip, dirt, 2 weeks long holidays, 2up trips.

KTM-FAN:
oops sorry, no off course not. Two people on a 690   ;D ;D  I don't think that is a wise idea. Simply not made for that.
We did 300 k maximum per day. 

Then the 990 is recommended.

Dr_Bean:
I also got 950 and 690:

Really not a choice...:
 690 is onroad (1 person only), offroad and some hard enduro.
 950/990 is onroad (2 people no problem at all), allroad, and if you CAN drive you can go real offroad: The bike can do it, but you need the right tires and it still is 200kg! Gravel is ok, but slippery mud, and small tracks where you have to start working, quickly becomes very demanding with the big bike.

And  anyway: 2 people offroad... isn't fun.

I sold my EXC because the overlap with the 690 was too big. IF I was to sell the 950, I would buy another big allroad or roadbike.

picture you find at:
http://forum.lc8.nl/modules.php?set_albumName=album03&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

rdo:
Dr_Bean,

Really nice pics! It shows what 950/990 is capable to do, if the driver KNOWS how to ride.

I'm really noob in offroading and I am afraid that getting 990 as a first offroad bike will never teach me good skills.

I see 690 is not 2 person bike. But is it impossible to ride 2up on it or taking passenger to the cinema or picnic to the lake 50km away is doable?

Navigatie

[0] Berichtenindex

[#] Volgende pagina

[*] Vorige pagina

Naar de volledige versie