Gebruikersnaam: Wachtwoord:

Auteur Topic: offroad course  (gelezen 4783 keer)

Offline member

• KTM 450 EXC
offroad course
« Gepost op: 20-06-2011, 10:01 »
Hello there,

I would like to go on enduro/offroad/motocross course to improve my technique and riding skills. As for now, I'm mainly practicing on a cross tracks but I have no-one who actually can tell me, you do this wrong, this is ok, try to do it this way. So, I want to avoid learning bad habits and speed up learning process by going to some course.

Can you suggest me or recommend some nice course? I know there is one from KNMV but for coming months it's booked out.

Offline member

Re: offroad course
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 20-06-2011, 10:38 »
You could also try to join a rideout, they are usually posted under: All/Off-road ritten en evenementen or you can search via the kalender for organised rideouts.
If you see something that seems ineteresting, just ask and someone will translate for you.
There are usually some people that enjoy taking newbies along and give plenty of tips and pointers during the day.

Offline member

« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 20-06-2011, 11:47 »
I would start with a good trials course (www.trialschool.nl) and later on start to do and MX-training. Dee-dee-dirk used to organize some.

Offline member

• KTM 450 EXC
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 20-06-2011, 13:23 »
@Roos, I monitor that section quite regularly. I try to participate as much as possible ;)

@Noppy, thanks for the link. It is definitely worth checking. Why do you think it's much better to start with trial course? They offer 4hours trial course for beginner. Do you thing it's enough?

Offline member

« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 20-06-2011, 13:33 »
Balance and body position are key for good riding. Cornering speeds and such come later. It may be easier to learn new things than to 'de-learn' bad habits ;)

Offline member

« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 20-06-2011, 21:05 »
I don't know of any other off-road training then those of the KNMV. These trainings are organised by former MX'er and enduro rider Henk Seppenwoolde.

I would opt for the Offroad-2 training; the Offroad-1 is veeeeeeeeeeeery basic. http://www.knmv.nl/rijopleidingen/cursusaanbod/offroad-2

On the subject of language: I use translate.google.nl to translate any webpage. Just copy paste the link above in the textbox and it will present the page to you in some sort of English.

HJ
uit het stof zijt gij gekomen, en tot het stof zult gij wederkeren!

Offline member

« Reactie #6 Gepost op: 20-06-2011, 22:10 »
toine van dijk training
carlo hulsen training

be a menber of you're MX track they have once a year training

ride the OTR of the knmv and MON, but they are all after september

Offline member

• KTM 450 EXC
« Reactie #7 Gepost op: 23-06-2011, 23:04 »
so, after noppy's suggestion, i enrolled for a trial course this Saturday. We'll see ;)

I planned to take part in some races later this year but I doubt if I will be skilled enough to do that. What is the level on those races?

Post Merge: 24-06-2011, 12:02
unfortunately the course was canceled ;/ so probably i will end up riding on sunday on the track. Anyone would like to join, let me know.

Offline member

« Reactie #8 Gepost op: 27-06-2011, 08:40 »
Perhaps this is a good one for you: http://www.berrt.nl/training-specs.php?soort_training=2
Never done it myself but heard good stories about it, because the training takes place in a large sandpit, there is something for everybody on each level.
Don't subscribe to any beginners level though, because that's mainly big bikes and with your smaller 450 you will learn much faster.

Offline member

« Reactie #9 Gepost op: 06-07-2011, 23:19 »
what doesn't kill me only makes me stronger