Gebruikersnaam: Wachtwoord:

Auteur Topic: Dirt bike adventure in RUSSIA  (gelezen 4004 keer)

Offline member

• starter
Dirt bike adventure in RUSSIA
« Gepost op: 23-12-2008, 23:09 »
Would like to share some photo impressions about my enduro trip in the Ural Mountains of Russia:

http://www.russia-offroad.com/photos/

Here is the first foretaste:

Offline member

Re: Dirt bike adventure in RUSSIA
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 24-12-2008, 08:00 »
Wow ... looking good ...... how long was your trip, where did you start, did you plan and organise the trip yourself? .....
Big....is history ..... 640 ook, 690EnduroR ook, nu een Yamaha T7 en een CRF450 2006 en een CRF 450 Rally 2007

Offline member

• starter
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 25-12-2008, 12:18 »
Wow ... looking good ...... how long was your trip, where did you start, did you plan and organise the trip yourself? .....
This is an organized trip by RUSSIA OFFROAD ADVENTURES, which also provides the KTMs 450 EXC. By the way, this is the first and the only provider of organized dirt bike trips in Russia. Actually, I wouldn't recommend to anyone to do such a trip on its own. First, you need a bike and to bring your own is to difficult an to expensive. Second, you need someone who is familiar with the country and can provide logistic support: luggage transport, route, safty etc. Russia is not like US or Europe - you even won't find a detailed offroad map. Another critical issue - practically no one speaks here English (besides some places in the big cities). How would you for example reserve an accommodation or ask for the way to go? How would you find accommodations - they are not on Internet. Russia has very undeveloped touristic infrastructure and this is what makes it soooo cool for offroading. No other tourists, no prepared trails - just the original nature.

Offline member

« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 25-12-2008, 12:20 »
Supercool, even more beautiful than Romania!

Offline member

« Reactie #4 Gepost op: 25-12-2008, 12:30 »
cant do it yourself, how would you do this and that..
Not the truth. if you want to you will make it without a guide, and where to find accomodation, bring a tent :)

No offence but it sounds like you'r connected to this company and ready to sell sell sell.

Offline member

« Reactie #5 Gepost op: 25-12-2008, 12:52 »
cant do it yourself, how would you do this and that..
Not the truth. if you want to you will make it without a guide, and where to find accomodation, bring a tent :)

No offence but it sounds like you'r connected to this company and ready to sell sell sell.

Does not matter Steven as you have two kind of people:

1. The globetrotters like you, who will figure it out themselves
2. The people like me, who want a smooth holiday and stay out of prison :D

So if he is the organiser, what would it cost us?

Offline member

« Reactie #6 Gepost op: 25-12-2008, 12:58 »
kosten staan op de site(ff linkje aanklikken )onder  "prices" :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Offline member

« Reactie #7 Gepost op: 25-12-2008, 13:12 »
Ja had ik al gezien, maar dacht dat hij nog wel een speciaal prijsje zou gaan maken...

Offline member

« Reactie #8 Gepost op: 26-12-2008, 10:24 »
OK, OK, but dont tell me you cant, its to hard, difficult and to expensive to do it by yourself :)

Hey what's a trip without seeing at least some of the goverments procedures at first hand?  ;D

Offline member

• starter
« Reactie #9 Gepost op: 26-12-2008, 16:59 »
OK, OK, but dont tell me you cant, its to hard, difficult and to expensive to do it by yourself :)

Hey what's a trip without seeing at least some of the goverments procedures at first hand?  ;D

Of course you can do it having a right mental attitude to the difficulties and good sense of adventure. I mean, people round the world and cross the oceans on them selfs. But how many people would not do it - 99,9%. For those 99,9% I would not recommend to do it on its own. Russia is something beond the "normal" from a point of view of an average European dirt rider. Globetrotters are not average riders - they are globetrotters. It is why there is a special word for those people. I hope we agree on that.

Offline member

« Reactie #10 Gepost op: 26-12-2008, 19:23 »
We do agree, but this forum has a high amount of those 0,01% of people :)

Offline member

• Kleiambassadeur
« Reactie #11 Gepost op: 26-12-2008, 23:32 »
We do agree, but this forum has a high amount of those 0,01% of people :)

There's another forum for those on top of this forum: adventure maniacs.... ;D
Verzonden vanaf mijn windows 98 pc met 56k modem.

Offline member

« Reactie #12 Gepost op: 24-02-2009, 23:33 »
I agree with road. Russia is beyond the ordinary. I have travelled the world for almost five years on my own; from Australia to South America and across Asia. I have sailed the seven seas, so "no ocean is too big for me", but I would not recommend anybody to travel Russia on your own if you don't know the rituals of this country. And if you don't speak the language, you need a lot of luck.
KTM 790 Adventure R - KTM 250EXC

Offline member

« Reactie #13 Gepost op: 02-03-2009, 21:31 »
... I would not recommend anybody to travel Russia on your own if you don't know the rituals of this country.
What rituals?

Travelling in the Russian Federation is as easy as travelling anywhere. Just travel from A to B. Buy your petrol. Buy your food. Look for a hotel or a place to put your tent.

Travelling on your own is nothing special. Even in Russia. I did it twice: a piece of cake.

I react here as warnings not to go to a country come usually from people who stay at home or take the more touristic places/countries. You are the first 'experienced' traveler who scares would-be-travelers-to-Russia off. I'm amazed.

Citaat
And if you don't speak the language, you need a lot of luck.
You can travel in any country also if you don't speak the language. That counts for Russia too. Just have an open mind, use gestures and common sense.

Of course I will advise anyone having plans to travel there to learn -some- russian before. That effort will pay back.

Offline member

• KTM GO!!!!!!!
« Reactie #14 Gepost op: 05-03-2009, 21:10 »
I agree, the most friendly people I have met where in russia and the "stans". They will help you with everything and trying to pay is an insult. Just go to russia and have fun!! And the girls  :P .

IT IS GREAT TO DRIVE A LC 8.